Restylane treatment is a cosmetic treatment approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for injecting into subdermal facial tissues. Restylane is a soft tissue hyaluronic acid filler that uses tiny injections to add volume to the skin and smooth out facial creases and wrinkles
in areas surrounding the mouth and eyes. Restylane, a non-animal and biodegradable gel, helps rejuvenate facial features by reducing wrinkles, replacing soft-tissue volume loss, enhancing lips, and eliminating scar depressions.
Commonly treated areas with Restylane injections are:
- lip augmentation or enhancement
- Smile lines – lines around the mouth area
- Increasing the size of cheeks
- Minimizing dark circles and wrinkles around the eye area
- Filling scar depression
With aging comes many skin problems such as wrinkles, fine lines, scar depressions, and tissue breakdown. These signs give a dull look to the skin and make the skin look mature and saggy. With the help of Restylane injections, the mentioned concerns can be targeted in very little
time. A typical Restylane treatment may last between ten to twenty minutes per session, depending on the areas to be treated and the skin type. Various types of fillers may be used for wrinkle reduction and lip augmentation.
Some people may see a few common side effects such as bruising at the injection site, allergic reaction, numbness, swelling, temporary redness, tenderness, and discoloration. These effects will subside within seven to eighteen days depending on the severity of the side effect and
the area treated. Restylane treatment is preferred because of its minimal downtime and short treatment procedure, which allows the patients to resume their daily routine directly after the treatment. The results may last from a few months to one year depending on the treatment process and the areas treated.
Restylane product range
Restylane products range includes the following products that are used for various signs:
- Restylane Kysse: This treatment is used for lip augmentation and provides a natural-looking finish to the lips.
- Restylane Silk: This FDA-approved filler is designed for lip augmentation and reduction of wrinkles around the mouth.
- Restylane Lyft: This product is used for cheek augmentation, treating laugh lines, and contouring midface deficiencies. It is targeted to provide more volume and fullness to the face.
- Restylane: It is used for correcting facial wrinkles, tear troughs, lip augmentation, and dark circles under the eyes.
- Restylane Refyne: This product is useful for treating wrinkles around the nose and corners of the mouth.
- Restylane Defyne: This is used to treat wrinkles around the mouth and nose area.
Restylane treatment involves injecting the product underneath the area, that has lost volume due to the lack of collagen and other tissue. It helps add volume to the skin, smooth out wrinkles, and lift the skin to give a plumper and radiant look. The hyaluronic acid in Restylane clings to your skin, and the water in the acid provides volume. The acid also attracts more water, helping to preserve the recently added volume. Restylane injections are temporary fillers that last anywhere between 6 and 18 months. To maintain the results, regular checkups and follow-up rounds are recommended. The actual results can be seen within a week after treatment.